As Australia’s leading human rights organisation for legal practitioners we offer:
ALHR assists legal professionals to continue to develop their knowledge of human rights law and incorporate human rights principles into their areas of legal practice in Australia. We offer members a diverse range of unique professional development opportunities.
Members have access to:
– CLE courses
– Monthly national and State newsletters to keep members abreast with the latest developments in human rights law in Australia.
– Exclusive access to a significant library of submissions on human rights issues.
– The opportunity to participate in high level research projects on human rights issues.
– Mentoring opportunities for young lawyers and law students interested in pursuing a career in human rights practice.
– Extensive networking and collaborative opportunities for legal professionals in the developments in human rights law in Australia.
– Members have the opportunity to impact State and federal legislation through work on submissions and our topic specific national subcommittees.
– The chance to work on amicus curiae applications and submissions to United Nations human rights treaty bodies.
– opportunities to participate in law reform, advocacy and media.
– ALHR provides education, training and resources to legal professionals and legal businesses in order to facilitate the conduct of legal practice in a manner which respects recognised international business and human rights principles.